– Prickly pears is a fruit that is moderately caloric; each 100 grams of prickly pears contain around 54 calories.
– It is a fruit rich in beneficial antioxidants which contribute in enhancing the body’s immunity and help it resist many diseases.
– Prickly pears contain a significant amount of minerals, essentially potassium, iron, calcium and magnesium, as well as some vitamins, especially vitamin C.
– Prickly pears is one of the fruits that are the richest in fibers which play an important role in facilitating intestinal transit. A large piece of prickly pears contains around 3.5 grams of fibers.
– One serving of prickly pears is equal to two small pieces or one large piece.