– Make sure to have a moderately sized bread or carbs portion and replace refined carbohydrates such as bread or rice or white bulgur or white pasta and the like with the brown varieties of these since they are rich in fibers which will make you feel full for a longer time.
– If you’re craving for pastry and sweets, try having a warm cup of ginger with cinnamon, or a cold glass of soda water with a piece of lime and some mint leaves. The taste of these special and sharp drinks will ease your desire to eat pastry and sweets and will help you eat less food during the next meal.
– Completely avoid foods that are high in saturated fat and carbohydrates such as red meat, fat cheeses, fast foods, pasta and pastries, and replace them with an appropriate quantity of grilled fish or grilled skinless chicken breast, with lots of vegetables and a small quantity of fruits.
– Choose the types of fruits and vegetables that are rich in fibers, such as cabbage, broccoli, green beans, artichokes, kiwi, apples, figs, oranges, etc. Fibers work on delaying the feeling of hunger and reduce the desire for continuous nibbling and give a sense of fullness and satiety that lasts for hours. This can contribute heavily to weight loss without any additional effort.
– Make sure to have three balanced daily meals and completely avoid nibbling between meals and don’t forget to have a source of proteins in each of these three meals since proteins provide you with the feeling of fullness and make you thus avoid eating large amounts of food.