– Quinoa is considered a rich source of high quality vegetable proteins and a source of essential amino acids.
– Contrary to the general belief, quinoa is not a food that’s low in carbohydrates. In fact, every 100 g. contain about 60 g of carbohydrates when in its raw state and about 18.8 g when it is in its boiled state. Thus, a content almost similar to that of burgul and pasta, for example.
– Also quinoa contains vitamins (group B, vitamin B9 mainly, in addition to vitamin E) and minerals (iron, magnesium, zinc, selenium, etc.).
– It is a food that’s rich in fibers which are useful to promote the sensation of satiety and stimulate intestinal transit.
– For vegetarians, quinoa is a food that can very well replace meat.
– Finally, let’s recall that it’s always better to diversify our food sources so that to take advantage of all the nutrients they contain.