– There are several varieties of goat cheese. Such cheeses may be made either from raw milk or from pasteurized milk.
– Goat cheeses are among those that are the least rich in calcium. They contain much less calcium than a number of other cheeses, like Emmenthal and Gruyere for instance.
– Goat cheeses are a good source of protein. As for their fat content, it lies between about 15 and 25%.
– Goat cheeses are an excellent source of phosphorus. In addition, they contain iron, zinc and copper. Goat cheeses also contain several vitamins (A, B1, B2, etc.).
– It is good to know that fresh goat cheese is usually much less caloric than refined goat cheese.
– Finally, and with regards to pregnant women, it is always advisable that they go for pasteurized milk cheeses than those made with raw milk, so that to avoid any bacteriological risk.