While it is normal and important to feel hungry before meals, it is not however normal nor justified to have such a feeling all the time. If this is sometimes your case, here are some tips that will help you master this endless feeling of hunger.
– As soon as you wake up, drink 1 or 2 glasses of water. Also, consider remaining well hydrated throughout the day. This way, you will tend to consume a much lesser quantity of food. Indeed, it is sometimes observed that dehydration is enough by itself to give you a feeling of hunger.
– Try cooking your meals personally. During such preparation, your brain will record all the foods you’re manipulating and this may help you eat less during the meal.
– Avoid eating too much sugary foods. These would raise sugar levels in the blood in a sudden and significant way, which will eventually lead to a fall of such levels, a thing that would make you feel an urge to eat once again.
– Replace your refined type breads, cereals and pasta with their whole-grain counterparts that are much higher in fibers and nutrients. These whole-grain foods, and in equal amounts, would provide you with a greater feeling of lasting satiety.
– Don’t forget to include a protein source in every meal and always in the right quantity. Proteins contribute to satiety and this will avoid snacking attempts.
– When feeling the need for a “little something”, do it intelligently and consume fiber-rich vegetables that have a high satiating effect, such as cucumbers, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, etc.).