Among the most important nutritional characteristics of the loquat we mention the following:
– The loquat is considered to be rich in antioxidants (flavonoids) and vitamins (especially vitamin A). Therefore, it helps in the fight against certain types of cancers.
– It is also known that the loquat is a fruit rich in several types of minerals, such as calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. It also contains iron, selenium, zinc and manganese.
– This fruit is also characterized by its high content of soluble dietary fiber (pectins) which makes it a fruit that facilitates bowel movement and helps the body get rid of toxins. Pectins are also useful for reducing cholesterol levels in the blood.
– In terms of calories, a quantity of 100 grams of loquat provides us with about 47 calories.
– Finally, it is worth to note that the loquat should be consumed within a short period of time (not exceeding two days) since this is a highly perishable fruit and may lose most of its nutritional characteristics in a short time.